X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet
    replied
    Hi.
    I never used the COPPA system and have the bug (user with email verification are registered without moderation even turned on...).

You say: if I turn on COPPA, save the options, then turn it off again and resave, that should solve the problem ???
    Isn't it ?

Probably, if true, it's due to a bug:
    Originally posted by Spidey
    You have to change the reference number in the register.php file. Change it from 3 to 4. Then the will be in the moderation que.

Search from "if verify email" then you'll see it.

Thanks a lot.
    Bye
    Last edited by Jet; Sun 9 Dec '01, 2:37am.

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    glad you got it fixed

Leave a comment:

• TommyBALL
    replied
    Well, well, well...

A fresh install of 2.0.3 does NOT yield this problem. Seems my "little bug", is the result of a forum that has followed the upgrade path since version 2 beta somthing. Something probably got lost in the upgradepath, and doing the "COPPA Reg. Sys. de-tour" seems to have fixed it.

Seems you can go back to your rocking-chair again chris

- Tommy

Leave a comment:

• TommyBALL
    replied
    This just keeps getting better

I just turned COPPA Reg. Sys. OFF again, and now the moderation system suddenly works!

Seems the little "de-tour" by COPPA set some default settings in the DB that wasn't there before...

I will try to recreate this situation by setting up a new forum (for test). Initially I will set it up without COPPA. Test it. Turn COPPA on. Test it. Turn COPPA off again. And then do the final test. That way I will at least see if there is some bug in the default settings

Regards
    - Tommy

Leave a comment:

• TommyBALL
    replied
    Thanks chrispadfield

I have some more information here...

Just turned Use COPPA Registration system ON, and then moderation suddenly startet to work. The user moderation system seems to be dependent on the COPPA Reg. sys.

Unfortunately I have no use for COPPA since my forum is in Norway, and purely in norwegian

Regards
    - Tommy

Leave a comment:

• chrispadfield
    replied
    am going to test this later for you. For now, it might be worth just putting moderation on and turning of the email check. (if that is what is more important to you).

Leave a comment:

• orca
    replied
    Yep, COPPA was off.

Leave a comment:

• TommyBALL
    replied
    Originally posted by orca
    Thank you for registering, . Your account has been submitted for moderation by an admisitrator and will be activated presently. You will be notified by email when this happens. To return to the forums, click here.

And the user is in the moderation queue and that group. But as user I can login to the webboard. Probably posting would also work...
    I get none of this. The mail I get, is just the usual "Action Required to Activate Membership for Forum på Laiv.org!"
    And they do not end up in any moderation que...

Did you use THESE settings (no COPPA)? I'm just dubbelchecking to be absolutely sure
    [X] Allow new user registrations
    [ ] Allow multiple registrations per user
    [X] Verify email address in registration
    [X] Moderate New Members
    [ ] Use COPPA Registration system
    Big Thanks for checking this for me!

Regards
    - Tommy
    Last edited by TommyBALL; Fri 5 Oct '01, 2:52am.

Leave a comment:

• orca
    replied
    Ok, just did it. As user, I get the following message:

Thank you for registering, . Your account has been submitted for moderation by an admisitrator and will be activated presently. You will be notified by email when this happens. To return to the forums, click here.

And the user is in the moderation queue and that group. But as user I can login to the webboard. Probably posting would also work...

Just wanted to prune it: When I look for users awaiting moderation, it won't find the test user. So I guess there's really a problem with those settings.
    Last edited by orca; Fri 5 Oct '01, 1:13am.

Leave a comment:

• orca
    replied
    Ok, will do that.

Leave a comment:

• TommyBALL
    replied
    Originally posted by orca
    Hmm, ok. Never experienced that since I'm not moderating members. May the verification of the email somehow disables the moderating. Probably they thought that by moderating the verfication isn't necessary. No idea though...
    Could you just do me a HUGE favour???
    Using the settings that I mentioned above (just temporarily on your own vB), and confirm if you get the same result?

Regards
    - Tommy

Leave a comment:

• TommyBALL
    replied
    Originally posted by frachet
    They can get access to the forum because they are in the Registered group.
    They should not BE in the Registered group until they have been moderated.

What happens now is that new registrations go right into the "Registered" group when they hit the email-activation link. Just as if modeartion was turned OFF. This can't be right...

Regards
    - Tommy
    Last edited by TommyBALL; Fri 5 Oct '01, 1:03am.

Leave a comment:

• orca
    replied
    Hmm, ok. Never experienced that since I'm not moderating members. May the verification of the email somehow disables the moderating. Probably they thought that by moderating the verfication isn't necessary. No idea though...

Leave a comment:

• frachet
    replied
    They can get access to the forum because they are in the Registered group.

Leave a comment:

• TommyBALL
    replied
    The users are moved right into the "Registered" group when they hit the activation link they got in their mail. They're bypassing the moderation...

Regards
    - Tommy

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X