Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add an attachment when editing a post that never contained an attachment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add an attachment when editing a post that never contained an attachment?

See topic.

Users seem to be hankering for the ability to add an attachment to a post that didn't contain one before they edited it. Did I screw up and by some chance delete the option from the edit post template, or is there some way to enable this/hax0r it into the board?

You will need to do some hacking to get that (I think it's mainly template hacking actually).

Comment

I tried putting $attachmentoption in the editpost template and I get nothing.

Comment

Did anyone figure this one out yet?

I have lots of users wanting to go back and edit their first post in the thread which did not have an image attached but now they want to add it. The edit option has no way to do this if there was not an image previously attached. What variable should be in the edit template to incorporate this again and why was it left out I'm curious?
        Marc
        -------

Comment

It's more than template hacking. Most of it is editing the templates but you will need to do some copying of PHP code from newthread.php or newreply.php to editpost.php. Check with www.vbulletin.org for help with hacking.

Comment

found the hack up on vbulletin.org. worked perfect and took 60 seconds to hack.

thanks.
            Marc
            -------

Comment

Originally posted by mvigod
              found the hack up on vbulletin.org. worked perfect and took 60 seconds to hack.

thanks.
              Hi ,
              What is the Hack ?

Comment

Originally posted by bogene2020

Hi ,
                What is the Hack ?
                Here you go

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...it+attachments
                None

Comment

Thanks