More ubb to vB changeover questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More ubb to vB changeover questions

In UBB, members could have a publicly displayed name that was different than their login. Is this possible here??

Next question...the edit/banner/profile, etc. is at the bottom of the post and my folks are used to it being on the top. Is there a way to move it to the top of your post instead of the bottom.

Last thing...I've seen where I can move the login to the top of the page using the forumhome template. Can someone explain how to do this.

Thanks again!
    Brooke
    Last edited by Brooke; Sat 22 Sep '01, 5:10pm.

In UBB, members could have a publicly displayed name that was different than their login. Is this possible here??
    No.

Next question...the edit/banner/profile, etc. is at the bottom of the post and my folks are used to it being on the top. Is there a way to move it to the top of your post instead of the bottom.
    Postbit template -- you can manipulate the tables. (There may actually be a tutorial around here somewhere)

Last thing...I've seen where I can move the login to the top of the page using the forumhome template. Can someone explain how to do this.
    Move $loggedinusers to where you want it to show up.

Comment

I guess I forgot to mention that I'm not a programmer and have no experience with php or mysql.

But, I can follow instructions. So if anyone wants to offer some help on how to do these two things it sure would make me and my members happy.

Thanks-
      Brooke

ps. it's not the logged in users that I want to move up, but rather the login box.

Comment

For the display name thing, check this thread:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=28580
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

ps. it's not the logged in users that I want to move up, but rather the login box.
          Doh! Ok, then you can move $logincode to where you want it to appear.

Comment

firefly-

That seems like it would work well...but only if everyone put an alternate name in field 5. What would it do if people dont use an alternate name?

Thanks-
            Brooke

Comment

It won't display anything.

To "fix" this, add this to functions.php:
              PHP Code:
                  if ($post[field5]=="") {

$post[displayname]=$post[username];
                  } else {

$post[displayname]=$post[field5];
                  } 
              right before
              PHP Code:
                  $post[postdate]=vbdate($dateformat,$post[dateline]);

$post[posttime]=vbdate($timeformat,$post[dateline]); 
              Now you should be able to use $post[displayname] in the postbit template instead of $post[username].
              It will display the contents of field5 if not empty, and if it is then the real user name.
              Chen Avinadav
              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Working...
              X