Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    I have the particular sub forum set to act as private forum, and have amended the moderator options and renamed the group. Is is actually the title "moderator" which controls this?
    It looks for a user group called "moderators". And it also uses access masks on the moderators.

I would like to use the $bbuserinfo cookie to control access to other areas of my site. Is this perhaps done better with masks?
    You'd need to do a decent amount of amending to get the access masks to work.

Either way, what info is stored in that cookie re: either user group or access masks and how?
    First, it's not a cookie It's set in sessions.php.

Second, it contains an array entry for every column in the user ane userfield tables (which includes user.usergroupid). Nothing else.

Leave a comment:

• Chamber
    started a topic Access options

Access options

I'm trying to set up a new user group that can access a certain sub-forum - but unsuccessfully .

I have the particular sub forum set to act as private forum, and have amended the moderator options and renamed the group. Is is actually the title "moderator" which controls this? - very confused

I would like to use the $bbuserinfo cookie to control access to other areas of my site. Is this perhaps done better with masks?

Either way, what info is stored in that cookie re: either user group or access masks and how?

thanks.
Working...
X