Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

certain style only available to certain user groups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• certain style only available to certain user groups?

I've searched the manual and this forum, and I don't think it's possible... but I'd like to have one default style available for everyone, and several other styles available for certain rewarded members... one user group basically.

I noticed that when a style is set to "User selectable" in the control panel, anyone can just type "&styleid=#" in the URL and access it. So I need to have "User selectable" turned off, apparently, but I still want a certain group to be able to select it.

If I only had 2 styles, I suppose I could use an if/else php command in global.php...but I have several styles, and only want the list of styles to be available for one group. How would I go about pulling this off?
    "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
    - Mark Twain

i don't believe this is currently possible. one thing you could do is specify a specific style set for a restricted forum that only certain user group(s) could access. that way you would have a private forum that would have a special style set. that prolly isn't what you wanted though.

Comment

nope, but thanks anyway
      "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did."
      - Mark Twain

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X