Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing username

Hi,

Is it possible to change my username through vBulletin? The name i log into my forum with is, let's say, Bob, but I want to change it to Dave.. is this possible, or would I need to create a new account? Bob has administrative privileges.....

Thanks for any help,
    Bob

If you have admin access, which you say you do, just go into the admin area. Then go to find members and find your name. Then click edit.

Then it will bring up all your info, your name will be at the top. Just change it to whatever you want and thats it.

Easy as pie.

Comment

All the posts I've made on the forums still have my old name though . I guess the name is stored, not the userid... ack.

Thanks for the help

Bob

Comment

They shouldn't. For me, they always take over the new name.

Try going into maintenance and updating members.

Comment

Aha, I see (said the blind man)

It's all working now, cheers!

Bob

Comment

Glad I could help.

Comment

the above helped me a great deal when changing my username.

However I've noticed one part where the username has not changed.

The "Last post by <username>" still has my old username.

As far as I can tell this is the only part that's wrong.

Comment

Niggy, you need to update the counters after making a name change.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Specifically, the "forums" one.

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
                    Niggy, you need to update the counters after making a name change.
                    Had already updated all the counters. (Seemed like the sensible thing to do)

However it still shows my old name as last last post next to the forum descriptions

Comment

Actually I noticed this as well. But, in all actuality its not that big of a deal. Because normally by the time you change your name and update counters, someone else will be the latest poster. So the error of the old name would only be shown until someone else posts in the forum.

Comment

True Enough!

Damn that slow moving forum of mine

Still thought it was worth bringing to someone's attention

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X