Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• database error

I got this error :

Warning: Too many connections in /home/forum/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

What does it mean?

Turn off persistant connections in your config.php ($usepconnect). If that doesn't help, you'll have to contact your host to have them increase MySQL's max_connections variable.

Comment

thanx... I'll try that and see what happen

BluSmurf

Comment

database error

oops...wrong button!

Comment

I did that, now I get:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/sites/site31/web/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

Ken Prescott - 21Studios freelancing design
          Graphic-Forums - The Forums for the Graphic User

Comment

If you have already set:

PHP Code:
            $usepconnect 0
            In your /admin/config.php then you should contact your host and reguest them to increase the max mysql connections on the server as tubedogg stated....

Comment

When i "usepconnect = 0;?>"

it makes the above error. My host said to Edit Vbulletin so that is uses mysql_connect and not pconnect.

?????

I also found this in a simalur thread.
              Try turning off persisten connections.

mySQL_pconnect to mySQL_connect
              Now, how would I impliment that?^^
              Last edited by Grandmaster; Wed 26 Sep '01, 8:00pm.

Comment

Ahh i got it

Comment

Bump, I get this error alot:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/sites/site31/web/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Comment

You will have to ask your webhost to increase the number of mysql connections you are allowed to have. You can also try using the session limit under Options; I would set it to 30 or 40. That will cut down on the number of those errors you get; if there are X (the number you set) people on the board, the next one (and any subsequent ones) will get an error (but you will not be emailed) until a session opens up. This may or may not help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X