[Re- Release of the Mood Hack Version 2.03]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An error??

I sure hope I am posting this in the right place. I have followed everythign to the "T".. when I go run the install. I get this..

The requested URL /cp.css was not found on this server.

Any idea on how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Amy

Comment

you have the install file in the wrong area of your files. you have to have the install file, in your vb root directory. The style sheet it is looking for, is your vb style sheet.

Comment

How do i make it so it show memebers status ONLINE\OFFLINE??

so its lit up when there online and off

BTW thanx for this Great hack

Comment

ok -

I followed the directions, but need to know where to enter info for the mood - per the modifications.txt file it's automaticly linked to my smiley file (which is I've got a fairly extensive smiley collection that I didn't want to reload) but I'm not seeing how to set this up as 'joe member'.

Does this come from the control panel? I'm just not seeing where/how this is activated from a member perspective... I followed through the steps and I'm not seeing an option on how to change moods/set up moods.

www.bronzeshelter.com/forums
          Last edited by Wing; Sat 29th Sep '01, 9:23am.

Comment

Hmm Anyone KNOW?

Comment

Originally posted by Tweak
              How do i make it so it show memebers status ONLINE\OFFLINE??

so its lit up when there online and off

BTW thanx for this Great hack
              Maybe the next release i will add it, because it would be pretty simple, but my feelings for releasing anything here free of charge anymore is slowly dwindling due to the sudden resurgance of BS towards free released hacks in general.

Comment

Re: ok -

Originally posted by Wing
                I followed the directions, but need to know where to enter info for the mood - per the modifications.txt file it's automaticly linked to my smiley file (which is I've got a fairly extensive smiley collection that I didn't want to reload) but I'm not seeing how to set this up as 'joe member'.

Does this come from the control panel? I'm just not seeing where/how this is activated from a member perspective... I followed through the steps and I'm not seeing an option on how to change moods/set up moods.

www.bronzeshelter.com/forums
                for one, you need to name your smilies, to the code you want to represent the dropdown "mood" or "reason" etc. so, if there is a smiliey in your smiliey collection on your board, that lets say...represents pissed off (which i am currently)
                and you have added "pissed off" for a mood, than your code should look like this

<OPTION VALUE=":<">Pissed Off</OPTION>

the smiliey "code" is in between the " "

These changes, are made in the mood5 template...

secondly, in the instructions, there is a description, of adding a link to connect to the mood.php file. That is how all members enter their information.

Third, there is no member options. The mood hack is either on, or not installed. The only option, is a option that most choose, that just displays the java button for the mood.
                The only thing that shows in the post bit area, is the mood button, and not the text for (mood: reason: etc..). That way, if a user does no enter information into the mood, you wont have blank spaces in your post bit area, behind the text that describes the mood, reason...etc...just the button....people have to click on the button, to see the mood of any user, who has posted in a particular thread.

and last but not least...please...read the instructions...this was all covered in there. all of it.
                Last edited by ToraTora!; Sun 30th Sep '01, 5:39am.

Comment

It works Beautifully

The problem was in my unzip...

for some reason Step 12 didn't unzip, so I missed that step.

Thanks!!!
                  I love it!

Comment

K thanx i understand man. you do nice work alot of us appreciate it.. to bad theres Lamers on here as well. ruins it for all of us

Comment

hey Tora Tora!!

Whats up!

was wondering....

everyone LOVES the mood hack-but they dont like the amount of vertical space it takes up in postbit...

can u(if u have time) come up with a way to display this horizontally-say...at the top or bottom area of the actual message area-similar to where the yahoo,aim icons are placed-but maybe at the top??

i DID try-lol-but i keep screwing up the tables haha

if u can help-that would be great-if u have no time-i totally understand...

tx again 4 this!!!

MAV

Comment

i have three or four versions on the display route actually worked up, that allow the mood information to be viewed several different ways, however, this will also be included with its next release sometime later.

Comment

Just a tid bit of info to anybody that may have problems with the display of the smilieys...its actually pretty frusterating, to realize that most of the people having prior troubles, could of solved it by simply turning back on the smiley code in the signature.
                          That is correct...after I had troubles getting mine to display on my new board...i realized that the smiliey code was off in the sigs...i turned it back on, and everything displayed properly.

It is a very small oversight, however, for those board admins who have had users abuse the signature areas with images, or smilieys, and had to turn it off to sort of combat the problem, should also be notified ahead of time, that the mood smiliey code displays will not display with the smiliey code off in sigs.
                          Im thinking that Bald Bouncer might know about this one better than i do...lol..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X