Upgrading from UBB5, problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from UBB5, problems

I'm installing Vbulletin 2.0.3 as a replacement to UBB5, mainly for the additional features and database backend. I have over 500,000 posts to import, 80,000 threads, and 21,000 users. My UBB forum typically has about 400 concurrent users. Installing Vbulletin went fine, as did importing all users, posts, threads, styles, etc. Here are the problems.

1.) On the control panel's update counters screen, the "update thread info" function is terribly slow. It takes about an hour to update 1,000 threads. Is that the way it's supposed to be? If I use a number above 20 or so (the default seems to be 2,000), it just stalls out and never responds. (correction/edit -- it does respond and does process the threads, but it takes hours)

2.) When viewing the forum's main page, the number of posts displayed for each forum equals the number of threads (rather than showing way more posts than threads). And, each forum is empty for the "last 30 days" view. If I switch to "the beginning" view, the threads show up. (correction/edit -- the posts do show up in the 'last 30 days' view if I let the "update thread info" application run for hours. I guess my main question is still, should it be taking that long, and can you suggest any settings to tweak mysql?)

Vars (paths omitted for security reasons):

+----------------------------+---------------------------------------+
    | Variable_name | Value |
    | back_log | 5 |
    | connect_timeout | 5 |
    | basedir | xxxxx |
    | datadir | xxxxx |
    | delayed_insert_limit | 100 |
    | delayed_insert_timeout | 300 |
    | delayed_queue_size | 1000 |
    | join_buffer | 131072 |
    | flush_time | 0 |
    | key_buffer | 8388600 |
    | language | xxxxxx |
    | log | OFF |
    | log_update | OFF |
    | long_query_time | 10 |
    | low_priority_updates | OFF |
    | max_allowed_packet | 1048576 |
    | max_connections | 100 |
    | max_connect_errors | 10 |
    | max_delayed_insert_threads | 20 |
    | max_join_size | 4294967295 |
    | max_sort_length | 1024 |
    | net_buffer_length | 16384 |
    | port | 3306 |
    | protocol_version | 10 |
    | record_buffer | 131072 |
    | skip_locking | OFF |
    | skip_networking | OFF |
    | socket | xxxxxxxx |
    | sort_buffer | 2097144 |
    | table_cache | 64 |
    | thread_stack | 65536 |
    | tmp_table_size | 1048576 |
    | tmpdir | xxxxxxx |
    | version | 3.22.23b |
    | wait_timeout | 28800 |

Any ideas? Unfortunately I am new to configuring MySQL so the vars may be totally hosed and I wouldn't know it. I am working on getting our server admins to install the latest version of mysql.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by ScottW; Thu 13 Sep '01, 9:54am.

It shouldn't be taking that long, but it is by no means going to zip by.

I'm not a MySQL var guy, so I can't comment on those -- you might want to post in the MySQL/server config forums about them.

I am working on getting our server admins to install the latest version of mysql.
    Definitely a good idea -- make sure they run the scripts to convert your tables to MyISAM then! (MyISAM is better than 3.22's ISAM)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X