Importing UBB Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing UBB Question

Can someone give me a quick rundown on how to import a UBB 5?

Or is there some documentation somewhere on this already?

I just need to know what directories and files are needed for the import. The reason I need to know this is because I'm moving to a new domain & server, and I only want to upload the necessary files/directories for the import.

Also, does the UBB need to be "working" for it to import successfully?

Thanks!

The documentation is available in the Member's Area. The UBB doisn't have to be functioning, but you need all the files in the UBB cgi and non-cgi directories. (Maybe not all, but I can't remember which ones are not necessary. It's easier to tar the whole bundle.)

If you're a vB customer, could you please enter your license info into your user profile? See my sig for details. Thanks!
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 11 Sep '01, 2:20pm.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm not currently a VB customer, if you read the Chit Chat forum, you will find a thread that I posted trying to decide which board I want to purchase, either VB, UBB or IB.

Comment

Ok then. Did I answer your question satisfactorily?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You need to move ALL your UBB files, apart from the main execultable CGI files, assuming you want the same layout as your current UBB.
          Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X