How do I repeat blocks of forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I repeat blocks of forums?

I am setting up a board with 100 categories and I would like to repeat the same 8 forums in each category, giving over 800 forums! (Sounds like a bad idea even to me... )

Anyhow, I know I'll have to set up the 100 categories one by one, but does anyone know how to install the same 8 forums in each category through a short cut? I'll do the 800 separate forum set ups if there is no other way, but any suggestions for another way would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance, Luke

You could write a script to do it but at this time there is no easy way to do this in vBulletin.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Try this file.
      I tested it, and it seems to work fine, but I HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU BACKUP YOUR DATABASE BEFORE RUNNING THIS.

Upload it to your admin folder.

To use it simply edit the config vars (they are filled with the default values right now).

Then, find this line:
      Code:
      for ($parentid=1; $parentid<=100; $parentid++) {
      You need to set the red text to fit your needs. 1 is the first ID of the first category, and 100 is the last category ID.

You will need to run this eight times, each for every forum you want (don't forget to change the values every time you run this.
      Chen Avinadav
      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Argh, here it is...
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

I tested this a bit more, and it works good so far.

By the way, this will only work if your categories IDs are consecutive.
          Chen Avinadav

Comment

Thanks wluke and FireFly for your replies ... I'll try Firefly's solution, but I will have to redo my categories as they aren't sequential.

Your replies, even on a such a grim day, are appreciated and show that ordinary life must carry on as best as possible.

With kind regards, Luke

Comment

Working...
            X