Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Writing the full URL of any URL typed into a post....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing the full URL of any URL typed into a post....

that is in the printer friendly version. I noticed it is cropping it and putting the ... in the url. Is there a way to make is so JUST in the pretty friendly version it writes the entire URL for somebody if they printed it out? (Since they aren't going to be able to click the link)

I know it shows the url for the thread and they could just come back to my forum to see it, but I would like my users to make as few stops as possible.

Any help would be greatly apperciated.

MANY THANKS!

Have you an example? I never noticed that. E.G. if I click on the printer version of this thread I don't see any ...
    Ueli

Comment

Originally posted by orca
      Have you an example? I never noticed that. E.G. if I click on the printer version of this thread I don't see any ...
      http://www.mysite.com/path/long/path...lmost/file.jpg

Now look at that ^^^ It should be truncated in the printer friendly version. I want to stop it from doing that in the printer friendly version, but I want it to keep doing it when just viewing the thread normally.

Comment

Oh, you ment the links in the post. I thought of the links in the nav bar. Hmm, well, you're right then. I guess this needed some hacking of the printthread script. It's sure a feature suggestion.
        Ueli

Comment

Working...
        X