uploading smilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uploading smilies

Warning: Unable to create 'images/smilies/lil.gif': No such file or directory in /home/ridemonk/public_html/admin/smilie.php on line 33

I get this error when I attempt to upload smilies through the admin interface. I have changed the smilies directory permissions to 777 but still no luck. I also changed the images directory to 777 to test. Do I need to change the images permissions back?

See my answer on this thread. It might help.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=27728
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

tried all that, no luck

Comment

This is just out of my memory but I think it's a reoccuring bug...
        I noticed that, too. I could fix it by enterenig the ABSOLUTE path to the smilies directory (like /home/name/public_html/forum/images/smilies). But afterwards, I had to edit the URL for the img tag to let the smilie appear correctly. Don't know whether the problem still exists since I didn't try anymore...Same was with avatars...
        Ueli

Comment

It looks like you're not running 2.0.3 -- try upgrading to that and see if it helps (it should -- I changed the code so it's relative from the main vB directory, not the admin/ directory).

Comment

Well, Ed, I guess you got me. I actually run 2.0.3 but never tried uploading smilies yet...I guess I just need to try it .

[edit]
            Just tried...it works
            [/edit]
            Last edited by orca; Sun 9 Sep '01, 10:35pm.
            Ueli

Comment

Working...
            X