X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forumdisplay.php

Hey ppl!

Can someone please help!

I want to remove the table headings (Forum - Posts - Threads -Last Post - Moderator) from forumdisplay.php when a category only has other categories within it - (ie no forums)

Any ideas anyone!?!

I hope that is clear! If not let me know!

Cheers guys!

Steveo

If you want a forum to have only sub-forums and no threads, set "Act as forum" in its options to no.
    That'll make him a category (like this in this forum).
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I know all that - but I want to remove the HEADINGS to the tables if there is only cats and no forums! Yet keep it if there are forums!?!

I wanna go from...........
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Forum - Posts - Threads - Last Post - Moderator
      Cat A
      Cat B
      Cat C
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      on the page, to........
      Cat A
      Cat B
      Cat C

That kinda get the point across - It diffiicult to explain!

Cheers m8

steveo

Comment

But... there is no table at all if there are no threads in the forum.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Oh ok, I understand now. If there are only categories, you don't want that row to be displayed... got it. Sorry.
          Last edited by Chen; Sat 8 Sep '01, 8:55am.
          Chen Avinadav

Comment

check it out on the site...

http://www.justphorums.com/forumdisplay.php?&forumid=1

I don't want the table header cos there are no forums - only cats

Comment

steveo,

Could you please enter your license info into your user profile? See my sig for details. Thanks!
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Done!

Originally posted by smachol
                steveo,

Could you please enter your license info into your user profile? See my sig for details. Thanks!

Comment

Thanks steveo!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Uh oh! You've removed the Jelsoft copyright notice from your footer template. Please restore this. Unfortunately you are in violation of the license agreement.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

oh oops!

No probs! I get that sorted!

Any ideas on the prob above though?!?

Comment

Not really. Methinks it would require a fair bit of template editing, and my HTML skills are rudimentary at best.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

ok - cheers!

I'll keep playing with it!

Comment

Basically you'd need to move that row to a new template of its own, and then add an if statement in forumdisplay.php to check if the subforums (if there are any) are all categories, or there is at least one that is a forum.
                            Chen Avinadav

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X