Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making an addtional field

Hi,

How can I make an additional field show up below the "Registered Date", Location and Posts such as Astrology sign?

During the sign up process, I want to make it optional for members to fill in the field called "Astrology" and make the field's data appear as above.

How can that be done? Please help!

You can add additional profile fields via the control panel ("custom profile fields" is the section, I believe). To get them to show up in "postbit", you'd reference $post[field#], where # is the number of the field. If this is your first new field, # will most likey be 5.

Comment

Erm, I don't quite understand this.

Can someone else try to explain how I can go about getting what I want done?

Comment

To add a new field:
        Admin CP => User profile fields => Add.

To add it to your post template:
        Admin CP => Templates => Edit => Postbit Templates => in the postbit template add $post[fieldX], but change X to the ID of the newly added field.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Great! I've got it. Thanks Firefly!

VBulletin's great!

Comment

Sure is.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X