Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing the maxlength of a thread title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the maxlength of a thread title?

Hi, I don't know what to edit to make a thread title have x amount of characters. The default is set to 85, and I don't know what to edit to make it smaller.

I checked the faq and search for this problem. It just gave me back 'how tos' on changing the registration maxlengths. Thanks.

First of all run this query in phpMyAdmin or thru Telnet:
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE thread CHANGE title title MEDIUMTEXT not null
    Now in your newthread template change the 85 to anything you want:
    Code:
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><input type="text" class="bginput" name="subject" value="$subject" size="40" maxlength="[color=red]85[/color]" tabindex="1"></normalfont></td>
    I think that should do it.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Worked great! Thank you.

Comment

I've tried all of these, still having trouble.

Originally posted by Chen
        First of all run this query in phpMyAdmin or thru Telnet:
        Code:
        ALTER TABLE thread CHANGE title title MEDIUMTEXT not null
        Done!

Now in your newthread template change the 85 to anything you want:
        Code:
        <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><input type="text" class="bginput" name="subject" value="$subject" size="40" maxlength="[color=red]85[/color]" tabindex="1"></normalfont></td>
        I think that should do it.
        Done!

but I still get chopped off on my title at around 85 characters. The change of the above code only allowed me to input more characters, but the display still got chopped of. More helps please!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X