No announcement yet.

[Release vB2] Hidden Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems I messed up the directions a bit...hmm...well not exactly, but the thing I have you searching for in showthread.php actually appears twice, and it needs to go in the second place, not the first.

So here goes:
    In showthread.php, find
    PHP Code:
        $postdone[$post[postid]]=1;
      } 
    and add right below it
    PHP Code:
      if ($post[hidden]==1) {

$hidden=1;
      } else {

$hidden=0;
      } 
    It should now work. I've updated the installer with this change.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
      It's great for spoilers, off-color language, or anything else that you would want the viewer to make a conscious decision to view it.
      I think this is a great feature -- expecially for movie discussions; good job. Kevin, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an all-or-nothing option for any given post, correct? Did you consider an option that enables you to write a "public" portion of a post, then select another portion of the post to be treated as "hidden"? In which case in the post display, at the point where you encounter the hidden marker, your warning message appears, requiring you to click to see the rest?

I also tried JJR512's "blackout & highlight" scheme -- and it is a great idea and does accomplish the basic task of blockout, then requiring an active choice to display. Very cool. Nothing wrong with it at all.

For me, personally, I do think a click-through is a more certain form of protection than the active-choice highlight scheme. (I've been known to do cntrl-A at times, unintentionally, due to 2-finger hunt & peck clumsiness, but it's pretty far-fetched to worry about that

Comment

When someone quotes a hidden post, shouldn't the post default to hidden? A minor thing, but there are rude people out there that would do something like this not thinking they're giving it away for everyone else.

Comment

thanks tubedogg

ill try this tomorrow and let ya know!!

Comment

Re: well....

Originally posted by Maverick1236
            i tried tubedoggs way-and although i got no errors...
            it just didnt work

i would like to try JJR512's way, but i simply am not sure how to do it-ive never messed around with replacement variables

could someone be kind enough to write a VERY detailed way to do this-so i could give it a try-it would be much appreciated!!
            I posted about it in a thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=16306

If anyone has any other questions or comments about my thing, I think it would be only fair to Tubedogg if you posted them in that thread. I didn't mean to steal Tubedogg's thread; sorry, dude.
            -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
            JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

Comment

s'ok JJR

Squashed another bug folks. Involving editpost.php...

Find
              $signature=iif($signature=="yes",1,0);
              Add right below it
              $hidden=iif($hidden=="yes",1,0);

Then find
              PHP Code:
                $DB_site->query("UPDATE post SET title='".addslashes(htmlspecialchars($title))."',pagetext='".addslashes($message)."',allowsmilie='$allowsmilie',showsignature='$signature',iconid='$iconid'$editedbysql$attachmentsql WHERE postid='$postid'"); 
              and replace it with
              PHP Code:
                $DB_site->query("UPDATE post SET title='".addslashes(htmlspecialchars($title))."',pagetext='".addslashes($message)."',allowsmilie='$allowsmilie',showsignature='$signature',iconid='$iconid', hidden='$hidden'$editedbysql$attachmentsql WHERE postid='$postid'"); 
              and reupload editpost.php. Should now work.

Comment

Works like a charm (at least for new posts, haven't fully tested edited posts and replies yet)

THANK YOU Kevin

Amy
                http://www.eaforums.com

Comment

after install find some problem~~

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO post (postid,threadid,title,username,userid,dateline,attachmentid,pagetext,allowsmilie,showsign ature,ipaddress,iconid,visible,hidden) VALUES (NULL,'16','[ ¤À¨É ]¤¶²Ð¤@£|·s¶}£x½×¾Â','squawell','1','999881856','0','VWEVWEV','1','1','127.0.0.1','0','1',' 1')
                  mysql error:
                  mysql error number: 0
                  Date: Saturday 08th of September 2001 12:57:36 AM
                  Script: /vbb203/newthread.php
                  Referer: http://localhost/vbb203/newthread.ph...read&forumid=4

what's wrong??who can tell me??pls~~~

Comment

Dang, I can't believe someone made this...I run a movie forum site, so a [spoiler] tag is becoming a must. I'll probably write my own version of it though, which can give users the option to automatically display spoilers anyway, have them show up in a JS alert, or have them show up in a popup window...or something.
                    Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

One of my users just noticed a slight hitch in the hack. When hit reply, all of the posts, hidden and not, are displayed down below.

I am going to poke around and see if I can fix it, but it might take a while.

Amy

Comment

I noticed that yesterday too. Shouldn't be too hard to fix...will work on it and release a new version probably by Tuesday.

Comment

OK all fixed up. See the first post.

Comment

Way cool

Amy

Comment

great hack thanks matey apart from a error on the instructions:

Step 5 of 5 Find:

post.pagetext,post.allowsmilie,post.userid FROM post

Right below that, add

post.pagetext,post.allowsmilie,post.userid,post.hidden FROM

whereas ur not sposed to add the code below your sposed to replace it with it.

i know its summet n nothin thought id just let ya know n e ways

keep up the good work matey
                              http://

Comment

tubedogg master:

i download your new file but it still no work in my forum!!

can you help me~~i send need to edit php file to you

can you help me to edit those php file ??please~~~

i already fail too much time~~~

if you won't !! that's alright and sorry bother you too much time!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X