Can I limit access to the Calendar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I limit access to the Calendar?

I was thinking of using the calendar but I need to be able to post events that only private members can view. Is there any way of doing that?

I am not sure I understand the purpose of "Public Event" and "Private Event" funtions.

I am and Administrator and I posted a private event using my user name. I can see the even but no one else seems to be able to.

A test user I created posted a private event too and only that test user can see it.

Hmm, I guess it's to have your own reminders of the events.

Well, what I really need from a calendar is to be able to schedule evens so people know about them but I only want a "User Group" to know about some events.

private events can only be seen by the event poster. stuff like doctor's appts and stuff.

currently i do not believe there is any built in functionality to discriminate between user groups for viewing events. you can specify what groups can post events but that's it.

Comment

Jake's right - there's no usergroup Calendar functionality right now. All Calendar events are either Public (viewable by all) or Private (viewable only by the member entering it.)
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Someone has a "user groups" modification that he's willing to sell, I can pass on his email if you like. Just email me: [email protected]

I hate to post someone else's email here without their permission and all that, you know.

I'd love to see this in VB, but I couldn't justify the added expense at this point.

-deb

Comment

If You still need it
          above
          // get decent textarea size for user's browser
          $textareacols = gettextareawidth();

add

PHP Code:
          if($bbuserinfo['usergroupid']==6

6 is Admin usergroup add with or avery Group you whant

and above
          last step
          add
          PHP Code:
          } else { eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("costum-template")."\");"); 
          easy isnt it
          impossible.. but feasiblly

Comment

Thanks. I was hoping for a more configurable solution but this is good too. I take it the code to modify is in calendar.php?

Comment

Thats right.. sorry i forgot to tell ...

i am working on a better solution now with a friend..
              when we are ready you could easy change it like can post public/private (i hope )

Comment

That would be great... I came to this forum with the exact same question about the Calendar.. If you don't mind, could you please PM me if you should find a way to make the calendars "user group privileged?"

Thanks much! This is all very new to me, but I'm digging the support here!!!

Comment

For the second part of the code, where do I enter it?

You mentioned adding it above the last step, does that mean before the last line in calendar.php?

Thanks,
                  Pahbi

Comment

behind all

it looks like
                    }
                    }
                    }
                    than add the new code..

Comment

Still not working.

I must be putting the line in the wrong place, or maybe there is some little detail I'm not getting.

Can you try again?

Thanks!

- Pahbi

Comment

ok it should like that..

PHP Code:
                             // Update field and redirect user to Calendar
                                  // We dont need to check for form manipulation because we dont change the public/private status in this query.

$DB_site->query("UPDATE calendar_events SET event = '$message',
                                                   eventdate = '
                        $date',
                                                   subject = '
                        $subject',
                                                 allowsmilies = 
                        $allowsmilies,
                                                 public = 
                        $public
                                                 WHERE eventid = 
                        $eventid");
                                  eval(
                        "standardredirect(\"".gettemplate("redirect_calendarupdateevent")."\",\"calendar.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=getinfo&eventid=".intval($eventid)."\");");
                                   }
                                }
                           }
                        }
                        }
                        } else { eval(
                        "standarderror(\"".gettemplate("costum-template")."\");"); /* the Scipt xou should add*/ 
                        do you get it now?

Comment

I'm definately putting the right text in the right spot, the code on my calendar looks exactly the same as what you posted.

Funny thing is, if I don't put in the

else { eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("costum-template")."\");");

statement, and instead just put in the } bracket that matches the { bracket of the statement

if($bbuserinfo['usergroupid']>=6)
                          {

then it works just fine.

Anyone who doesn't belong to the right user ID groups, can't see the calendar, it just puts up a blank screen, which is right, since they don't match the if then condition.

But each time I try to put in the

else { eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("costum-template")."\");");

line, I get a parse error.

I'm gonna hold off on putting that line until tommorow, I just got off the phone with my server provider, and he's going to upgrade to the latest version of php. Then I'll try again and see what results I get, I have to upgrade anyways because I'm getting that zen hash error thing.

Thanks for the help tho! AWESOME!

- Pahbi

Comment

please send me your file..

mailto:[email protected]

i´ll take a look at it ok?
                            Last edited by Operations; Thu 20 Sep '01, 10:26am.

Comment

Pahbi, please enter your license information in your profile. See the link in my sig for more info. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X