user groups/masks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user groups/masks?

I've been reading through the various posts on private forums and I'm still confused about user groups and masks. Specifically when each is appropiate or a combination of the two?

I have a private category that contains two forums: a students forum and a instructors forum. Both forums will be hidden from most registered users. Students should obviously have access to the students forum while instructors have access to both private forums.

Is it better to use masks or create user groups? If user groups how do I give instructors access to both forums?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Best method-

If you only have 2 private forums, with 2 catagorys, its best to create usergroups.

Accessmasks are per user, and override usergroups, but thats probably irrelevant.

Anyway-

make 2 new usergroups. one called instructors, one students.

move all the studends from 'registered' to 'students'
    same for instructors.

Then, go to
    User Groups and Permissions --> Modify forums, and grant access to each usergroup to see their respecive forums.

Be warned, all Super Moderators and administrators can see both forums, unless you change that in the above menu as well.

Good luck.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X