Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rating thread during posting?

Hi,
    I would like to have the possibility for my users to rate a thread only when posting/replying (I am starting to use a forum as a product-reviews forum, so the rating will represent the rating of the product in this special case...

Does this require massive hacking or can it be done by changing templates and eventually a bit of code?
    TIA
    Tom
    Internet Bike Community
    Mountainbike News Mountainbike Forum

www.mtb-news.de

Would take a bit of hacking.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
      Would take a bit of hacking.
      heheh, might as well throw this in then... even though I know where it more properly belongs, and that it has been requested in many ways.

I don't just want to rate threads, I want to rate the quality of users who post to threads, based upon how users rate their aggregate posts. And then do 2 things: (1) use data (some formula for assessing aggregate ratings of various replies to the thread) for determining ratings of threads; and (2) enable that "quality rating" to be shown in a user's profile, and in postbits, on the display of all threads & posts. I assume this is what "karma" is, but I don't know, never seen it.

See file attachment for how I would modify my REPLY COMPOSE screen to perform the INPUT. Poster's rating is entered upon SUBMIT of a reply to post. If a user doesn't choose to reply to a post, then they can't add to someone's quality rating.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X