Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yep, that's definitely a disadvantage. You have to have the style set to 'User selectable=Yes' in order to view it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• SysMom
    replied
    Speaking of new styles under development...

Why can't an admin keep a style that was saved out that isn't publicly usable yet?

It's a bear to debug without being able to see it.

When I tried this a couple weeks ago, I changed to the new one, everything was fine.

Then I disabled the new style for members ... and I got reverted back to a default.

-deb

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    When you create the new style, just set 'User selectable?' to 'No'.

Leave a comment:

• mjames
    replied
    Thanks.

What if I want to create just a new style, but I don't want it to apply to the site yet? Like I want to keep the same templates and create a new style, but I don't want everyone to view it yet.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Say you want to add a new color scheme for your site. You want it to look exactly the same (e.g. layout etc.) just change the colors.
    You would create a new Style, and set the Template Set to your current set (probably Default) and set Replacement Set to "Create New".

Say you want to add a new layout for your site, but use the same colors. Maybe you want to do a "mostly text" type layout without most of the images.
    You would create a new Style, and set Template Set to "Create New" and set the Replacement Set to your current set (again, probably Default).

Say you want to give users a new style that is mostly image-free and uses a completely new color scheme.
    You would create a new Style, and set both Template Set and Replacement Set to "Create New".

Got it?

Leave a comment:

• mjames
    started a topic Styles and templates confusion

Styles and templates confusion

All right, I've been wondering about this...

Do I need to create a new template set in order to create a new style? Or do I have to create a new stlye in order to create a new template set? Are the two related? And if so, how? Say I want to experiment with new colors and I want different styles, do I need to create a whole new template set? Please clear this up.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X