Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is referrer located?

Referrer
    Enable the referrer system? If yes than a user that visits your forum through a link that contains "referrerid=XXX" will give referral credit to the owner of the referrerid when they register (where XXX is the userid of the referrer).
    I have set this to YES. But I can't find this anywhere in the forum?
    <sig removed because it violated the forum rules. Two requests were sent but ignored>

You will find it in your Admin CP under Users->Referrals. You can choose the time frame within you want to see the referrals.
    The user enters the name he was referred from if he fills in the registration.
    Ueli

Comment

How do I give out the referral link?
      <sig removed because it violated the forum rules. Two requests were sent but ignored>

Comment

By giving a link to http://www.forums.com/index.php?referrerid=x , where x is your ID.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Thanks.

But where can I find this link in my forum, where users can view them?

Comment

Nowhere.

The "referrer system" is used for encouraging your mebmers to get new users to sign up at your forum.
            So, if they want, they can plugging your forums, and adding their id to the url. That way, when users will sign up thru that link, the referrer member will get credit for it.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Ok, is there a way I can make it dynamic just like SitePointForum?

Comment

How is this dynamic at SitePoint forums?
                (*whispers* I don't visit there much )
                Chen Avinadav

Comment

Any other way?

Comment

Again, what makes it dynamic on the SitePoint forums?
                    Chen Avinadav

Comment

I don't know, but if you are a registered member in SP then goto the private message and you will see a link for referrer there.

Comment

I added this code into my UserCP Template..

Code:
                        Your referral link is: <a href="$bburl/index.php?referrerid=$bbuserinfo[userid]">$bburl/index.php?referrerid=$bbuserinfo[userid]</a>
                        Just muck around and find a good position for it, and your set.

AdminCP -- Templates -- User Control Panel Templates -- usercp

Comment

Thanks a bunch!!

Comment

Another option is to put a link to the 'What are referrals?' section of your faq. This will automatically display the correct URL and referrerid for anyone viewing it.

Here's the link for these forums:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc....ge=2#referrals
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I have to say that a link on the frontpage for someone to refer would be much better than a something in an FAQ... you have to know that some of the people who visit just aren't going to know what to do.
                              John
                              diet support at diettalk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X