Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All mods have power in a forum without being added to the forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All mods have power in a forum without being added to the forum!

I searched throughout the forums, but i couldn't find any information on this.

Is it possible to make it so that all your current moderators can have their mod powers for a certain forum.

There is one forum at my site that is VERY busy and I want all the mods from all the other forums to be able to moderate it.

I DO NOT want to have to list all their names in the mod column because it would be 10+ names.

Please help!

Andrew

oops i edit this message cause i dont know if u got a licsense for vbb with so little posts ya never know sorry but i cant help in my heart unless i know you are a paying customer
    http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Comment

I am a paying customer and NO I will not give you my customer information!

Comment

I just don't post that often because I like to figure out things on my own...

Comment

i am not a moderator here im not asking for your info but if i knew u was a paying customer id be glad to try and help sorry but try super mods they can do as ya wish good day
          http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Comment

I think its bad you assume that people arn't paying.

Comment

well as a mod i can see you are a license member phatcat so don't worry

yes try assigning a member to super user in order to have forum wide mod powers without the need to display them in the mod column
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I don't want the people to be mods in ALL forums.

I just want ALL mods to have mod status in their forum and this one heavily used forum.

Comment

right now that's the only way unless you want to either

1. remove the mod column - instructions can be found via search on this forum

2. install a hack to make the mod column a drop down menu with listing of each mod - also available via search on this forum
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Would it possible to go into the code and add this:

If ($forumid!=35) {
                    THE CODE THAT ADDS IN THE MOD NAMES
                    }

Comment

hello?

Comment

Create a new user group and give this user group all permissions for the forum in question.

Put all the people in this usergroup.

They will have moderater like powers for that forum only and they will not be listed. You also will not have to edit any code which makes maintenance a lot easier.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks man!!

Comment

Hmm

Can they be both a Moderator and a "tradingmod"?

I can only get them to be one or the other!

Comment

Originally posted by phatcat
                              Hmm

Can they be both a Moderator and a "tradingmod"?

I can only get them to be one or the other!
                              from what i understand a member can only be in one usergroup at a time

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X