No announcement yet.

How to: Don't display automatically "Unregistered" when Guest tries to posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Don't display automatically "Unregistered" when Guest tries to posts

When a user tries to post as Guest it always shows when posting a message "Unregistered" in the username box. Is there a way to change this to be left in blank?

In sessions.php find this line:
    Code:
    $bbuserinfo['username']=iif ($loginusername=="","Unregistered",htmlspecialchars($loginusername));
    Change Unregistered to anything you want, or replace the line with
    Code:
    $bbuserinfo['username']=iif ($loginusername=="","",htmlspecialchars($loginusername));
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Thanks,
      Is there any way that it remembers the las nick name used as Guest post?

Comment

What do you mean?
        You want that field filled with the last nickname that a gues used to post with?
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Originally posted by pulsorock
          Thanks,
          Is there any way that it remembers the las nick name used as Guest post?
          That would require a fair bit of hacking to the cookie setting routines.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

yes.. but not any last user that posted.. it needs to be from that same machine. Maybe if it records it on a cookie or something.
            This isn't a thing that is "needed", just that it would be cool to have.

btw.. How can I set vB so every user (Guests) use cookies? So the session number don't pass in the url?

Comment

As far as I know, cookies are always used. As for eliminating the session ids, again this requires hacking. At any rate this is probably not a good idea since these ids help keep track of what you're doing on the board.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I found this on sessions.php

If I change

$bbuserinfo['cookieuser']=0;

to

$bbuserinfo['cookieuser']=1;

will that mean that guest users will use cookies too?

Comment

As I said, guests already use cookies. Just click on the link to any forum you haven't visited yet, then check your cookies. You'll see one has been deposited on your computer.

I know this because I use a piece of software that 'warns' me whenever a site wants to deposit a cookie. I then have the option of blocking it or allowing it, both this one time and permanently. Every vB site I visit causes this program to ask me if I want the cookie. And the cookie in question contains the session ID.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X