• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if i wanan change folders

lets say my board is at
    blah.com/forums/
    and i want it to be at
    blah.com/m y new/forums

i get a parse error in top in config php and another is this cause i got ttwo fodlers runnin the files or what i hought u could just change it if ya wanted to well there is soemthing i ened to change please let me know thanx
    http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

lets say my board is at
    blah.com/forums/
    and i want it to be at
    blah.com/m y new/forums
    I just moved mine from blah.com to blah.com/forums -- and all I had to do was physically move the files and then edit the Admin CP for a setting or two relating to the new URL.

If your cookies path is blank, you'll be fine with that, too. If not, that COULD become an issue with visitors returning.

Now, if you meant to put spaces in your new path name: "blah.com/m y new/forums" then spaces are A Bad Thing. Don't go there at all. They could cause a ton of problems.

Hope this helps,
    deb

Comment

I would help you, but I am not sure if you actually payed for the forums

Comment

Originally posted by phatcat
        I would help you, but I am not sure if you actually payed for the forums
        hmmm nice remark there although i did help you anyways besides if you search me as a user you wills ee ed and many others who wrote this fine piece of work who have replied to my posts meaning i would be regged and thanx for the help sysmom i kinda thought about it afterwords
        http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

Comment

just move files into new directory, admin panel change cookie path and the bburl value and that's it

unless you have hacks which reference php included files which don't use full paths, then you shouldn't have a problem

and yes almighty one is a registered license user
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X