Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explanation needed: Unregistered posting: Carrying Username from Preview to Submit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explanation needed: Unregistered posting: Carrying Username from Preview to Submit

My site ( www.theflow.com/forums ) allows for Unregistered users to post and start threads. However, when an unregistered user previews, their Username is dropped from the form fields. Logically, to me, if Preview can hold the Message body contents and carry it to the Submit action, then why can't the Preview action also hold the screen name?

I have been told this request is impossible to accomplish. If that is true, could someone just explain to me why it is not do-able?

why not have a guest cookie to store the guest user name locally? wouldn't that work?

Comment

Jakeman, I'm not a programmer. I don't know how to do that. Do you know how? That sounds promising....

I am not clear how the whole guest cookie situation works on vB -- but obviously there is session control even as a Guest...

Comment

jake got no progging skillz either. i was just suggesting the cookie thing to the vB devs. i'm curious if the cookie thing would work as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X