Uploaded image "not valid"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploaded image "not valid"

The "solution" in that thread didn't help me...

I also just noticed that I can't upload avatars from the control panel, either....it reports:

Warning: Unable to create '../ /green_black.gif': No such file or directory in /home/newbeetle/public_html/vbulliten/admin/avatar.php on line 35

Record added

It adds the record, and the avatar is selectable by users, but it is a broken image link.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance...

Uploaded image "not valid"

Any ideas what might cause me to get "The uploaded image is not a vaild GIF or JPG file." on any images I try to upload (even vaild GIF and JPEG files. )?

I'm at a loss...

It happen with both avatars and post attachments....

Forums are at http://forums.newbeetle.org...

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=valid+image
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The "solution" in that thread didn't help me...

I also just noticed that I can't upload avatars from the control panel, either....it reports:

Warning: Unable to create '../ /green_black.gif': No such file or directory in /home/newbeetle/public_html/vbulliten/admin/avatar.php on line 35

Record added

It adds the record, and the avatar is selectable by users, but it is a broken image link.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by jcroft
          [BWarning: Unable to create '../ /green_black.gif': No such file or directory [/B]
          The double slash is a clue. Make sure you do not have a trailing '/' in your URL setting in the Admin CP.

Admin CP -> Change options -> General settings -> URL

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for responding...

I did have a trailing slash, and I've fixed it. However, this didn't solve the uploading problem...

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff

Comment

You still may be loading the previous page and avatar from your cache. Try CTRL-Refresh or emptying your cache.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Also now that the slash is gone, reupload the avatar.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

You seem to be putting in the wrong path. Where is the image?

You should be putting in something to this effect: images/avatars .

Comment

I have put in images/avatars. I have tried just images. I have tried nearly everything I can think of. The problem is NOT that the image can't be displayed, the problem is that it's not getting uploaded. It's no where to be found on my server.

Agagin, the message I get is this:

Warning: Unable to create '../ images/avatars/brightblue_black.gif': No such file or directory in /home/newbeetle/public_html/vbulliten/admin/avatar.php on line 35

When I try to attach a file to a post, or upload an avatar from the user cp, I get:

The uploaded file is not a valid GIF or JPG file. Please ensure that it is an try again.

Any advice would be wonderful. The user are getting restless.

Comment

PS....

i am really much more concerned about the users not being ble to attach files and upload avatars, than I am me being able to upload asvatars from the admin cp. I can always just FTP my avatars up and do an add, rather than an upload in vB. But, the users have no other choice.

Is there anyone that can answer the problem of "not a vlid GIF or JPG file?"

Thanks so much,

Jeff

Comment

I also have this problem, and Ed is trying to help me. It's all here:
                        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=25929
                        Chen Avinadav
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Thanks, firefly...I'll join your discussion over there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X