Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to ban a user? (quick response needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to ban a user? (quick response needed)

How do I ban a user? I look at the User section in the Admin Control Panel and didn't see how to.

I hope to hear from someone about this soon! Thanks.

In the control panel, go to Options, then look for the Ban-users bit. There's two input fields there, one in which you can input IP addresses (to ban all users on that IP), and one to ban e-mail addresses.

Use the e-mail address ban if you want to ban only one user - with IP's, you might ban multiple ones if you don't know from what kind of computer-environment the user is posting.

Comment

or create a new usergroup with no permissions at all and move banned users there
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
        or create a new usergroup with no permissions at all and move banned users there

Hey, that's a good idea. We hadn't thought of that possibility! Thx. for the tip!

Comment

Once you crate a new user group with no permissions. You move the member over there, and in the members profile, you can use custom user status change it to what ever his old status was, and clock over ride. That way they will still show as a current member, unless you want them to show as banned.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X