Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gzip/zlib questions

Hi there,

I'm using a vb "hack", vbportals (and it's a good one) with my registered forums, so I know I can't expect help, but I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some clues for this one.

Basically, when I (or anyone who uses vbportals 3.0 for that matter) turn on gzip compression in the vb control panel, I get a blank page anywhere I go in the site. Things return to normal when it's turned off.

I do have PHP compiled with zlib - I know this because I'm the one that compiled it, but also because when I run the little phpinfo.php file it tells me it is. I am trying to figure out what vb does when you switch the gzip option in the cp to "on". What is it triggering? Although vbportals is a hack, it's still php. I would think that if php was compliled with zlib it would compress it correctly no matter what. Does vb 2.03 do something different? Is there something I should look for in php.ini?

Appreciate any insight,

Ix
    Ixian
    Maximum Gamer

I'm having this problem - no one ever addressed this post. I'd love to know if there's a resolution.

I will continue my search.

Comment

Don't worry new version of vbportal is out soon for contributing members, this should be sorted as it has gzip built into it, which it does not now.

Comment

Heh. I stopped using vbportals almost a year ago, after I posted this

If I remember correctly there was a fix I found on the vbportals site, this would have been last year.
        Ixian
        Maximum Gamer

Comment

well for one you CAN'T run gzip and zlib together. it's either or. the forums has zlib built into it, NOT gzip.
          Gentoo Geek

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X