Mail Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Problems

I am having problems registering new users. The email that goes out to verify a new users email address never arrives. Does vBulletin use it's own email server or is there a field where I must enter mine? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

vBulletin uses the systems email server as spcified in the php.ini file. In most cases you shouldn't have to do anything special for this to work.

Try running the mailtest.php file in your 'extras' directory. What results do you get?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Extras directory?

Comment

Yes, there is a directory called 'extras' in the vB zip file.

Comment

Warning: Undefined variable: address in C:\Inetpub\webpub\tutorme\forum\extras\mailtest.php on line 5

This is the only error. The mail was sent however. I looked at my mail server and it still has those mail queued which is weird since they cannot be delivered. But this is obviously not vbulletin but my mail server.

But here's another question: How can I change the 'from' address in the mail. And the actual email message that gets sent out to users?

Thanks for the quick response.
          Last edited by jaxper; Sun 19th Aug '01, 11:07am.

Comment

Working...
          X