subdomain installation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subdomain installation?

I am attempting to install vBulletin on a subdomain.

I get to Step 2:

Database server type: mysql

Database server hostname / IP address: (I put the IP address for the host. Not the subdomain's IP, but host's.)

Database username: (I put the username here)

Database password: (I type the password)

Database name: vbulletin

Technical email: (I put an email here.)

Then, I continue on:

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: st '[edit: it shows the host name here, but I've decided not to show it to you guys]' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in ./db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: 0 is not a MySQL link index in ./db_mysql.php on line 47

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

Do I get stuff because I'm on a subdomain, and I'm using the IP Number for the host, not the subdomain? thanks.

The subdomain shouldn't make a difference... the first thing to check is that the username, password and database name are entered correctly.

The script appears to be connecting, but MySQL is turning you away with a permissions error.

Comment

Should I keep the database name as 'vbulletin'?

EDIT: what should I do to solve the problem?

Comment

You need to find out is the actual name of your database, then replace 'vbulletin' with that name.

Comment

Okay. Thank you very much!

Comment

Please enter your license information in your profile. See the link in my sig for more info. Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X