Two different styles.. doesn't change back to user selected style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two different styles.. doesn't change back to user selected style

I use two different styles for my board located at http://johnsworld.com/tattlerboard. I'm running the latest version with a unix server and php4 installed.

The default is the 'light' style of the board which is in all the forums except 'The Shackels', which has the dark style. The settings for the shackels overrides user default to force the dark style just in that forum. The user may select which style they want to view the rest of the board in.

Here's the problem: If a user uses the light version, enters 'The Shackels', and then clicks on a link to any other part of the board, the style set being used is the dark version for the whole board.

Try is out to see what I mean: user and pass: test enter the shackels and then click on a link to anywhere else on the board. You'll see the same style throughout the board even though the settings say "Tattler Board" for the style setting.

The only way to get the light style back is to go into user cp, select the dark style, hit save, and then go back and choose the light style again.

Could the problem lie in the style overide just for that forum? Shouldn't it revert back to the user's selected style for the rest of the board? Any idea what's wrong?

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
    Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

I logged in as "test" and it worked correctly. Are you sure you haven't appended &styleid=# (for the dark style) to your URLs?

Comment

err.. humm.. aparently it only does this once in a while. It's happened before. I'm having trouble trying to pinpoint what's causing it. Any idea?

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
      Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

Is this only happening to you, and are you working in your Admin CP at the same time? I've found sometimes if I lookup a user in my Admin CP, I 'inherent' their style set when I go back to my forums. To reset it, I simply go into my user cp and resubmit my options.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
        X