• Show
Clear All

• WhoMe
    replied
    Ok.....I'll do that.....thanx for all your help

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Even when you close the board - you are still able to access it which causes mySQL connections. The thing to keep in mind is that this limit is not just for your forum - it's for all the mySQL connections on that server. That's why if it continues, you'll need to ask your host to raise the maximum number of connections they allow.

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Yeah....I know that.......but I got this fault even when I had closed the board......................and now I have run the repair.php......It's running fine now......but
    Last edited by WhoMe; Thu 16 Aug '01, 2:47pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Warning: Too many connections.....
    This is a common error and simply means that the number of connections to the mySQL server exceeds the limit establish by the web host. Just about the only thing you can do is turn off persistent connections by modifying this in your config.php file. If the problems persists, you'll need to bring it up with your web host.

Leave a comment:

• Glitch
    replied
    Upload and run repair.php, you may have some other problems, I'd recommend you upgrade ASAP, also php 4.0.6 is out along with MySQL 3.23.40, they work mighty fine together..

Glitch

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Anyone ?!?

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    hmmmm......now I get another fault......

Code:
    Warning: Too many connections in /home/portal-/public_html/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Too many connections in /home/portal-/public_html/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience
    Anyone know what this means ?!?

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    replied
    Thank you.....it worked for now.......heh......I hope I'll never run into this problem again......btw: I haven't been rebuilding the search index.....so I realy didn't understand this fault......Have had complaint from people all day saying they get a database error.......well.....I hope it's ok now.....and again...thank u
    Last edited by WhoMe; Thu 16 Aug '01, 1:58pm.

Leave a comment:

• Glitch
    replied
    Re: I need help......bad

Originally posted by WhoMe
    Hi......I've had some serious problems lately......culminating with this error when I tried to prune the database.....

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM searchindex WHERE postid IN (11160,0)
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYD'. (errno: 145)
    mysql error number: 1016
    Date: Thursday 16th of August 2001 05:09:19 PM
    Script: /postings.php
    Referer: [url]http://forum.portal-worldwide.com/postings.php?action=deletethread&threadid=666[/url]
    You can run repair.php included with the extras folder in VB2.0+ or you can try to re-index in the admin cntrl panel (look for the link to clear the table in the maint options)... If you have been rebuilding the search index without clearing it's contents first I do see this error as a possibility... The table could have corrupted if extremly large on a high traffic site...

While your down, upgrading to 2.0.3 would be in order as there was a serious security bug in prior versions

Glitch

Leave a comment:

• WhoMe
    started a topic I need help......bad :(

I need help......bad :(

Hi......I've had some serious problems lately......culminating with this error when I tried to prune the database.....

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: DELETE FROM searchindex WHERE postid IN (11160,0)
    mysql error: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYD'. (errno: 145)
    mysql error number: 1016
    Date: Thursday 16th of August 2001 05:09:19 PM
    Script: /postings.php
    Referer: [url]http://forum.portal-worldwide.com/postings.php?action=deletethread&threadid=666[/url]
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X