Set default thread view...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set default thread view...

How do I make it so that users see ALL of the thread by default and not up to 30 days? Also, what about PMs (10 days)?

Don't know aboiut the PMs (I'd be interested in this answer myself), but you can change the default view for each forum individually:

Admin CP -> Forums and Moderators -> Modify -> Edit -> Default view age

...then just set to your preference.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i thought pm views and thread views are all controlled by the user options the member sets in their profile?
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Of course, the users can override the default by changing it in their optioons, but in my experience very few ever do. Aslo I can't find any mention of the default view for PMs ibn the User CP

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

There should be an option for default thread view in just the plain old options, so I dont have to set it for every forum...

Comment

If the user has selected "forum default" for the daysprune in their options, it defaults to 10 days as set in private.php. This is being changed to 1000 days for the next version.

Comment

I set all of my forums to view 1000 days (ie all) of the threads, etc... But when I select use form default in my usercp options, it is still defaulted to 30 days...

Comment

so is there one that changes the default across the board? i'd hate to alter each one individually.

Originally posted by Joshs
                There should be an option for default thread view in just the plain old options, so I dont have to set it for every forum...

Comment

You can run this query instead:

UPDATE forum SET daysprune='1000';

Backup your database first!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X