Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird bug that is only affecting some members...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having similar problems,

we have 2200 members, and i also have a board with only 66 members.

from both of them i am getting reports of people being unable to post, yet they all show as Registered members, and have followed the link.

It will not however let them post in the forums...

Comment

our forum has been experiencing the same problem since we installed in august. the cookie problems seem to be mostly Internet Explorer users, but some others as well.

i have not found any solution to the problem other than having people delete their cookies. this is not reasonable. until a real solution is found i have told my users this:
      make sure you set 'browse board with cookies' to no. you can do this in the user cp section of the site after you have logged in: user cp > edit options > browse board with cookies > select 'no' > save

set 'automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)' to
      yes : user cp > edit options > automatically login... > select 'yes' > save

if this does not help - delete all cookies made/used by the forum { the server should be .umichmug.org } and quit your browser. relaunch the browser and attempt to login again. voodoo i tell you...
      if someone figures this one out, do let me know...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X