Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird bug that is only affecting some members...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird bug that is only affecting some members...

ok, it seams that some of the new members of the forum cant post, even though the are logged in the forum keeps showing this...
    You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page.
    This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try
    again.
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are
    you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative
    features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum
    Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account,
    or it may be awaiting activation..
    i have receaved 3 complaints about the same problem, and i dont have a clue how to fix this, i never had a problem like this before, and i would love to get it solved... the forum is at forum
    could definetly use some help...
    Last edited by Mike Sullivan; Thu 16 Aug '01, 6:31pm.

Are they actually logged in (they're name is at the bottom)? If so, and you have email verification on, make sure they confirmed their account by clicking on the link in the email.

Comment

yes, they are logged in, they are as "Registered" on the admin part of the forum, but it asks them to log in to post...even thought they just did...

here is a message from this morning...

I log in, then try to perform
      some function and it tells me I'm not logged in. I log in and sometimes it
      will take me where I was trying to go (like to a blank form for a new post)
      but sometimes it won't (like when I fill in the form for a posting and try
      to post it or trying to change my password).
      Last edited by eddiek; Thu 16 Aug '01, 8:34am.

Comment

well two more coplaints today...and i dont know what to do...i had this forum for a while and this never happened...really weird...

Comment

Who's their ISP?

(And it appears your email notification wasn't letting me post -- this usually happens if your domain doesn't resolve/other DNS issues )

Comment

i'm the isp...i control the box...its running right here from my house...but it does seam like i was down for about an hour tonight...

Comment

I asked who *THEIR* ISP was. (I have a feeling it might be AOL)

Try having them set their options to save their username/password in a cookie. (They might need to logout and re-login from the form on index.php)

Comment

oh ok sorrie, i miss understood, they are in a couple of diferent isp, not aol though...

Comment

Well...still having problems with members not being able to post...they are loged in, where i can se them on the bottom of the forum, as logged in, but when they try to post...it says they are not registtered or logged in???? this is really killing this forum ...still no ideas?

Comment

well my members get some of this normally fixed by deleting their cookies for my forum and relogging in
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Did you have them try this?

Try having them set their options to save their username/password in a cookie. (They might need to logout and re-login from the form on index.php)

Comment

well we tried, but it's still acting up...honestly i dont get it? this has to be a 2.03 bug, because i used the other versions for a while and never had any problems...now i'm getting emails from all the new members, cause they cant post...

Comment

I don't believe anything in this respect changed in 2.0.3. I'd try what eva suggested -- having them delete their cookies and relogin.

Comment

Well, i never got a real answer for this...and it's still happening and it's really hurting our site...i never had anything similar happen with any of the other versions of the board... but i keep getting the same complaint from several users...
                            i have tried a number of time to post a thread on the forum.
                            I sign in and after i try to send the new thread it tell me a I am not logged in.
                            thanks
                            dave
                            again this was never an issue before...but its been since i istalled 2.0.3

Comment

Just fyi....my users are having the same problem.

I have thus far gotten over 300 complaints about this issue ( we have 5684 members )

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X