Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 2.0.3 problems on first install

Hi there,

I saw this problem happening in a upgrade thread and just wanted to make you aware that this has also happened to us. We purchased the board yesterday and installed it and everything looked fine. We added forums and also other stuff and then all of a sudden *poof* everything disapears and we get this error:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

When I logged back onto my server MYSQL had been deleted, I contacted the server admin they have assure me this problem is NOT them this is the repsonse I recieved for them:

It sounds like you will need to create a new database and do it again. I would also try to download the newest version of the script again, or an older version if possible. It sounds like the script somehow deleted it.
    If you prefer, I can restore a backup of your site from yesterday and that should resotore your old database.

If anyone could help with this that would be great because at the moment we are $160 less off with nothing to show and if it continues to do this to the database there is little point having the board as we will be unable to run it..

Thanks

Zara and Lucy

Here is the info that you wanted also:

URL of your forums: http://cityofangelus.100megs2.com/fo...dmin/index.php

PHP version:

MySQL version

Apache/webserver version

Server operating system

Any error message you are getting: You want error meassages I have an inbox full of them!

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: cannot use database lucy9_coapb
    mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'lucy9_coapb'
    mysql error number: 1044
    Date: Wednesday 15th of August 2001 09:42:14 AM
    Script: /forum/cgi-bin/vbulliten/admin/index.php?
    Referer:

mysql error: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'lucy9_coapb'
    Date: Wednesday 15th of August 2001 09:42:14 AM
    Script: /forum/cgi-bin/vbulliten/admin/index.php?
    Referer:

Date: Wednesday 15th of August 2001 09:56:48 AM
    Script: /forum/cgi-bin/vbulliten/admin/smilie.php?s=&action=modify
    Referer: http://cityofangelus.100megs2.com/fo...php?action=nav

These are only a few from OVER 20 of them...

Update the other info as soon as I have found it as I am unsure. Off to check now
    Last edited by lucy; Wed 15 Aug '01, 12:28pm.

What was the error you were getting? (view the page source if of that error, or you should've been emailed with it)

Nothing in vBulletin can delete the database or it's own table, so I can't say how it happened.

Comment

Hi Ed,

Believe me something happened NO ONE was using the admin section or anything when it went *poof* the MYSQL had disappeared and admin said that they script has somehow deleted it..

Is there anyway that we can get hold of an older version of the board as we are very uneasy about using the new one it took us a while to install being our first ever attempt and only to be deleted in a matter of seconds..

Thanks

Lucy

By the way I posted a few of my error messages in the first thread finding out the other info for you right now..

Comment

Hi Ed,

Here is the other information that you wanted

php = 4.0.4pl1

MySQL version = 3.23.39

Apache/webserver version = I'm not sure on this one

Server operating system = redhat 7.1

Thanks

Lucy

Comment

Actually, those errors indicate a misconfiguration on your host's end -- if your database didn't exist, it would give an "unknown database" error. Contact them to ensure you have the correct login details.

And can you enter your license info into your profile? See link in sig for more info. Thanks!

Comment

Ed

Hi,

Thanks for the reply trust me I had errors that said database did not exist also, we have given up and installed it again this time making sure we make a back up on HD hopefully it was a glitch that won't happen again..

Our customer number and password is in our profile

The account is in the name of Zara Mallard-Mchugh she runs the website with me and purchased the board for the site..

Thanks

Lucy and Zara
            Last edited by lucy; Fri 17 Aug '01, 2:25am.

Comment

Hi Ed,

Just thought i'd say hi, i'm Lucy's partner in crime

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X