have to input username and password twice in control panel page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have to input username and password twice in control panel page

To minimize secuity break on vb2, I use .htaccess to protect the vb2 admin control page. I use mod_auth_mysql to verify username and password shared with vB2 user account. For those admin members in admin group are allowed to enter the admin page.

My question is, all admin group members are required to enter username and password twice. So Is it possible or how to directly enter the control panel after the first authentication is passed (ie skip the logon page of vb2)

I think you should remove everything from
    PHP Code:
    if ($bbuserinfo[userid]==and $checkpwd) {

cpheader("<title>Forums admin</title>");
    ?><br><br><br>
    <table cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" border="0" class="tblborder" align="center" width="450"><tr><td>
    <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> 
    to
    PHP Code:
    <p align="center"><font size="1">vBulletin v<?php echo $templateversion ?> Administrator Control Panel</font></p>
    <?php
      cpfooter
    ();
      exit;
    }
    And that's it. Try and tell me if you made it.
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

which file or template should I find these coding ?

Comment

global.php under your admin folder.
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

In fact, an official method of doing this exists as well. Find this line in admin/global.php:
          PHP Code:
          $checkpwd=1
          It's in line 154 on my copy but it might be slightly different on yours.

Then replace it with:
          PHP Code:
          $checkpwd=0
          That should do the trick

Also, can you please add your license number in to your profile? This will entitle you to priority support - see the blue link in my signature for more details. Thanks!

Comment

JamesUS,

It works. But I found that using this method, I cannot modification any templates. I put some new code in the template and then submit. check it back nothing done

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X