Clear All

• tubedogg
    replied
    No that's probably right.

Leave a comment:

• Jet
    replied
    Thanks.
    Now I have all vb uploaded files (php + gif + ...) moded to 0644, instead the forum main dir, admin and mod should be setted to 0755. Otherwise I couldn't do anything (i.e. run any php) ...
    Is there any mistake in my host/web settings ?

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    If you require an uploads or temporary directory, it must be CHMODed 777. Also if you use the Admin CP to upload icons or avatars, those two directories must also be CHMODed 777.

Leave a comment:

• Jet
    replied
    Thanks a lot.
    So, CHMOD 0644 for every file and dir ?

What about the images or uploads or tmp ?
    I guess - only for these - 0755 or 0777, isn't it ?
    Thanks again.
    Bye

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    I would go 0644 which is Read,Write; Read; Read for Owner Group and World respectively.

Leave a comment:

• Jet
    replied
    I guessed...
    but ... Ehhhmmm, I come from Ikonboard, where each directory or file have their own permission settings to apply.

Nothing here ?
    If I had each dir moded to 0777, should I set to 0755 o 0644 or whatever ?

Thanks a lot.
    Bye

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    There is no folder permission settings for folders in vBulletin, but it's still very unrecommended to CHMOD any of your folders to 0777.
    (security reasons)

Leave a comment:

• Jet
    replied
    x smachol

No - definitely do not chmod your admin directory to 0777!
    Excuse me. Where can I found the right permission settings for each directory/file of VB 2.2.1 ?
    I always made upgrades (the first version was installed by one friend of mine who doesn't remember ... ) and now I have almost all dirs moded to 777 !?!?!

Thank you very much
    Bye

Leave a comment:

• msobel
    replied
    I got it to work. Thanks for everybody's help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No - definitely do not chmod your admin directory to 0777!

Just create a new directory called 'backups This doesn't even have to be in your forums directories - I have mine just off my home directory(i.e., /home/smachol/backups). Then as was mentioned you can use the command 'pwd' to find out the correct and full path to that directory which you can then use when making your backup.

Leave a comment:

• msobel
    replied
    You guys lost me a little. It sounds like I would need to chmod my admin directory to 777 but that is a bad idea. I really need to place this file in it's own directory that is 777. I do not know how the PWD works. I found the PWD in the FTP command list.
    I understand the backup.php would need to be edited to change the path. What should I change. Can you give me an example.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• express
    replied
    Thanks smachol . Martz. FireFly

I was having probems with this for sometime along with some other people. Your solution worked.

Joey

Leave a comment:

• Martz
    replied
    You could specify the path by creating your chmod'd 0777 directory, and typing PWD (gives you the current path to the backups folder you are in). Its probably a good idea to put the backups folder below the web directory - you don't want anyone getting hold of your .sql file now do you?

Then you can edit the backup.php and change the default path to something like:

/home/www.domain.com/backups

Works for me

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    Steve, when I put "./forumbackup-08-14-2001.sql" in the path field, the file is created in the admin folder (because backup.php is in the admin folder).

Leave a comment:

• msobel
    replied
    Well, it sounded simple. I created a directory in my forums directory called backup. It has no files in it. I changed the directory permission to 777 and it still won't work.

The error as follows:
    Warning: fopen("forums/backup/backup-08-15-2001.sql","w") - No such file or directory in
    /home/domain/data/forums/admin/backup.php on line 245

I even tried to create the file name and make it 777 too but no good.
    Now what!

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X