setting up a private forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up a private forum

I admin a forum with about 15 seperate groups, with various restricted forums of each.

However, I'd like to set up another forum where various individuals (not to exceed 25) have access to it. Some are admins, and some are members of various flavors. I do not wish to give all admins, nor especially all members of those other groups they are in, permission to view/post on those forums.

I tried cutting off all group-access to the forums and then setting individuals' usermasks to be able to go there, however then I can't seem to post new threads (even as administrator and permitted to the forum).

Any suggestions? I don't want to have to create groups like Admin-privategroup1, fullmember-privategroup1, jrmember-privategroup1 in addition to the standard Admin, fullmember, and jrmember groups, because then I would have to manually set up groupaccess masks for our 20 or so forums (because I don't know of a way to simply inherit from the "parent group") for each of these new groups.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X