Moderator not seeing Private Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator not seeing Private Forum

www.rocketryforum.com currently has 3 moderators and 2 admins. I created a private forum with the expectations that only the 5 will be able to see it. Well, it worked, sorta. All except for one moderator can see the forum. The public can't see the forum which is good. I made sure the user was a moderator and that the access area flag was set. Why can't he see the forum? Suggestions?

I came here to post the same question

Using 2.0.3

Access Mask 'ON'

Do the moderators have to be made moderators of the private forum?

Comment

Check that not only is this user's access mask on, that you have enabled access masks in your board's options (should be in the "user and registration options" group).

Comment

We have to enable/disable access masks for each individual user? I thought that's what user groups were for?

Comment

You have 2 options.

1. Not to use the "private forum" option in the forum's options page and you can use forum permissions (usergroups & permissions -> modify forums).
          2. Use the "private forum" option which uses access masks as an extension to the forum permissions to ensure it works as it should.

Personally, I like more control over what *exactly* happens, so I'd use #1.

Also, PGerringer, could you enter your license info into your profile? See link in sig for more info. Thanks!

Comment

Well, well. I didn't have the Access Mass turned on for the site. I will check with my one moderator to see if he can see it. Thanks for the note.

Comment

Nope... It didn't work...

Could there be a bug where it takes a snapshot of who is a moderator when the Forum is created and then only those are given access? Person 5 was the only one created after the forum and he is the only one who can't see it.

Comment

I finally went to the forums permissions page and saw that the moderator's permissions were set wrong. Strange, since I just accepted the defaults, but I set them manually and all is well. Gonna be a pain if I start using this a lot for other types of private groups (which I do) and the 'set private' thing doesn't work out of the box.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X