Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobAC
    replied
    Other than considering another hosting provider, no. I had to take my forums down a third day in a row due to this problem. Yesterday, I sent a trouble ticket in at 4:45 am and received a response back from them at 6:08 pm asking me for the URL to my forums. I haven't heard back since. This morning I woke up to find 200 error emails in my inbox. The database failed at 3:39 am again this morning and continues now - 11:30 am. I submitted a trouble ticket to them around 8:45 am. They have 24 hours to fix this problem or move my site to an upgraded server which I requested Weds. night. If I have to shut down my forums one more time, I'm moving to another hosting provider. I'm tired of sending trouble tickets in and either not getting a response, or getting one in 12 hours.

Leave a comment:

• InvictuZ
    replied
    anyone have suggestions??

Leave a comment:

• InvictuZ
    replied
    true.

Not only that, I dunno about you guys, but my page seems to go down all to often. It's not that reliable anymore. It goes down at least 6 times a week. Thank god I'm only running a small community gaming site, and not running a business, I'd be screwed out of soooooo much money it's pathetic. If anyone can recomend a better host as fast but more reliable please do so. I'm sick of this BS already. I'm looking for a host with similar functions, like unlimited email address on the domain, at least 250 megs of space, ability to run cgi-perl, and php....... one that is fast, and also reliable.

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    replied
    I've been having the same problems and growing less and less impatient. What bothers me the most is that my database started failing at 6:30 am this morning. Since then, I've placed 2 trouble tickets with no response. I can understand and appreciate the fact that they may be busy and trying to fix whatever is wrong, but they have a fair amount of customers complaining about similar problems in their support forums today and nobody has bothered to post a message.

I can understand not being able to respond to everyone's trouble ticket in a timely fashion, but neglecting to take 30 seconds and post an announcement stating "we're having problems, please be patient" is poor customer service.

When they're up and running, they're great. When they're down...they are down for the count and lately, my stopwatch is beginning to run out of time.

Leave a comment:

• CodeDawg
    replied
    What happend????

When I signed up with HostRocket they seemed great, quick to respond to request and the servers were blazing fast.

Now all I get is this error 28 problem about every couple of days and no response from their end.

I need to find a new host...and quick

Leave a comment:

• RobAC
    replied
    Please be advised, if you are hosted with HostRocket and on a particular server you will be experiencing these problems. Once again, I have been experiencing reliability problems since 6:30 am this morning. I have trouble tickets posted and have yet to receive a reply.

Leave a comment:

• InvictuZ
    started a topic Help!

Help!

Today before I left for work, my vB was running just fine. I come home and goto view a trhread i get errors. This is the error message I get when I try to view a thread (this is displayed in the browser):

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL:
    SELECT
    session.userid AS sessionuserid,
    post.*,post.username AS postusername,post.ipaddress AS ip,user.*,userfield.*,icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
    attachment.attachmentid,attachment.filename,attachment.visible AS attachmentvisible,attachment.counter
    ,avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline
    FROM post
    LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=post.iconid
    LEFT JOIN user ON user.userid=post.userid
    LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid
    LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar.avatarid=user.avatarid
    LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar.userid=user.userid
    LEFT JOIN attachment ON attachment.attachmentid=post.attachmentid
    LEFT JOIN session ON (session.userid = user.userid
    AND session.userid > 0

AND session.lastactivity>997459049)
    WHERE post.postid IN (0,164)
    ORDER BY dateline

mysql error: Got error 28 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Friday 10th of August 2001 12:12:29 PM
    Script: /showthread.php?

Then I recive an email error message with the following:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL:
    SELECT
    session.userid AS sessionuserid,
    post.*,post.username AS postusername,post.ipaddress AS ip,user.*,userfield.*,icon.title as icontitle,icon.iconpath,
    attachment.attachmentid,attachment.filename,attachment.visible AS attachmentvisible,attachment.counter
    ,avatar.avatarpath,NOT ISNULL(customavatar.avatardata) AS hascustomavatar,customavatar.dateline AS avatardateline
    FROM post
    LEFT JOIN icon ON icon.iconid=post.iconid
    LEFT JOIN user ON user.userid=post.userid
    LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid
    LEFT JOIN avatar ON avatar.avatarid=user.avatarid
    LEFT JOIN customavatar ON customavatar.userid=user.userid
    LEFT JOIN attachment ON attachment.attachmentid=post.attachmentid
    LEFT JOIN session ON (session.userid = user.userid
    AND session.userid > 0

AND session.lastactivity>997458884)
    WHERE post.postid IN (0,164)
    ORDER BY dateline

mysql error: Got error 28 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Friday 10th of August 2001 12:09:44 PM
    Script: /showthread.php?

My host is hostrocket any clues on what caused this and how I can fix it??
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X