Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to set style of forum by referred id passed to forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to set style of forum by referred id passed to forum?

Hi there ...

I was wondering if the following was possible with vBulletin 2.0.3. If it isn't it might make for a good future addition to this already excellent software.

With vBulletin 2.0+ one can set referrer IDs that other web sites can use in their links to your forum for credit, tracking purposes, etc ...

Is it possible to determine on the fly which style the user sees for a particular forum according to the referrer id passed in?

i.e. this way, multiple sites could use the same forum and the site's individual look and feel could be retained.

Personally i could use this feature and I would immagine many others could as well.

Thanks

Gordon Werner
    DiecastAircraft.com

You can't set it based on referredid, but you can set it via the URL:

whatever.php?styleid=#

Where # is the number of the style. It'd probably be easiest to ask affiates (assuming that's how you're using it) to link to your forums with a styleid specified.

(Also, could you enter your license info in your profile? See link in sig for more info. Thanks!)

Comment

thanks ...

Hi there ... thank you for that little tip ... just what i needed for my site!

BTW ... I also did as you requested and added the vBulletin stuff in my Profile

gordon

Comment

I have tried this but its not working, its like our board doesnt want to accept it, i cant see anything disabling this in any profiles anyone help???

Comment

Mancow (what an odd name!), you need to go into the styles section in control panel, and set your style properties to be user selectable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X