Newthread - Options - Email Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newthread - Options - Email Notification

On the page that loads when entering a "Newthread" or post/reply, there is an "Options" area right after the message/reply window.

In the "Options" area there is a box to check/mark for "Email Notification". The box defaults with a check.

Is there any way for this to default blank or off.

I looked in the admin area and could not find a place to change this default setting.

It's causing a problem. Something about the guys who sneak some time and post at work are getting to many emails on the job.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks !!

I just answered one of my questions as it is defaulted off here at this forum. I know it can be done, probably very easily, its just a matter of finding the switch.

Comment

This field is checked if the user selects "Use Email Notification", if you want to turn it off permanately no matter what their preference is, I believe you can do the following :

Open up the newthread.php file

Find :

$emailchecked=iif($email,"checked","");

Change to :

$emailchecked=iif($email,"","");

I'm pretty sure that will work.. I hope

Josh

Comment

Making it default on or off is a per-user setting. You can find it under User CP > Edit Options.

If you really want to do what JoshFink suggested, there is an easier way than editing the php files. Edit the newthread and newreply templates like so:
        Find
        <input type="checkbox" name="email" value="yes" $emailchecked>
        and remove $emailchecked so it looks like
        <input type="checkbox" name="email" value="yes">

Comment

I knew there was an easier way.. Thanks tubedog..

Josh

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X