Attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachments

Well I recently had a hard drive go bad, and had to get a new one and reinstall my operating system.

I am using WinNT 4.0
    Apache 1.3.20
    PHP 4.0.x
    And MySQL of course.

In the disaster I lost my php.ini file, and can't seem to remember how I had it setup to allow people to upload attachments.

Lucky for me most of the important data like the database and forums were on a secondary hard drive on the box, but of course the php.ini file was on the C: drive and was lost.

Nothing has changed as far as settings on vBulletin, but I just can't remember how I was able to get this working before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. Use 2.0.3/turn off magic_quotes_gpc in php.ini
    2. Set upload_tmp_dir in php.ini

And can you enter your licens info into your profile? See link in sig for more info. Thanks!

Comment

I'd be happy to do that for you just as soon as I get home where I have access to that information.

I might have more questions by tonight also. Thanks for the tips.

I know I have already set the temp directory in php.ini, and I THINK magic_quotes_gpc is turned off.

I have not yet had the chance to upgrade to version 2.0.3 yet, because of my busy life, and I am not sure how to make a couple of small hacks work with the new version. Have not seen any releases on it yet I guess, but haven't really had time to look very closely either.

Comment

Alrighty, I updated my profile with the information you requested.

Comment

I would still recommend using 2.0.3 as it has some Win32 upload fixes, not to mention a security fix.

But can you show us your phpinfo? (a PHP script with this in it: <?php phpinfo(); ?> )

Comment

Sure thing

http://www.flybynightops.net/test.php

Comment

magic_quotes_gpc On
              You'll either need to turn that off, or use 2.0.3 -- there's a bug in versions less than 2.0.2 with Win32, uploading, and magic_quotes_gpc being on.

Comment

OK, I will try that when I get home tonight.

Funny thing is that I don't think I have ever messed with that before, and I had this working fine before I lost my hard drive.

Most of my important data was backed up with the exception of the php.ini file. Once I get it working again, I will be sure to back that one up also.

Thanks for your help, and I will let you know what I figure out tonight.

Comment

THANK YOU so much. That seems to have fixed the problem.

Now I guess my question is WHY? How does that effect files being uploaded?

Comment

magic_quotes_gpc? It's from our workaround -- we prefer it off, so we have to undo what it does when it's on (automatically escape variables). I'm not sure if it's a PHP bug or not (I should probably submit a bug report), but uploaded file names aren't escaped like other Get, Post, Cookie variables. Windows uses backslashes for file names, so when we stripslashes() the variable, it takes out the backslash (c:\windows\temp becomes c:windowstemp).

Comment

Working...
                    X