Who is online feature in vB2.0.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is online feature in vB2.0.3?

I just upgraded to vB2.0.3 and yet the who is online feature doesnt work for me.....

I thought this was a new feature in 2.0.3 that shows you exactly where each member is on your board and what they are doing? How come it doesnt work for me?

Do the 'Who's Online' templates show up in your template? If so, then look in the Change Options -> Who's Online section of the Admin CP and make sure this option is enabled.

If not, make sure you've upload the new vbulletin.style file from 2.0.3, then go into to:

Admin CP -> Styles -> Download/Upload -> Import existing style set -> and choose these options:

Style file (vbulletin.style)
    Overwrite existing style (Default)
    Import file
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Alternatively, in your templates change "forumhome_loggedinusers" (under Forum Home Page Templates) to include...

...colspan="x"><a href="online.php?s=$session[sessionhash]"><normalfont ...
      There are currently x users online
      ... </normalfont></a></td...
      ...only add the bits in bold. (which includes the < and > surrounding them)...

Comment

Originally posted by smachol
        Do the 'Who's Online' templates show up in your template? If so, then look in the Change Options -> Who's Online section of the Admin CP and make sure this option is enabled.

Yes the option is enabled.

If not, make sure you've upload the new vbulletin.style file from 2.0.3, then go into to:

Admin CP -> Styles -> Download/Upload -> Import existing style set -> and choose these options:

Style file (vbulletin.style)
        Overwrite existing style (Default)
        Import file
        I did this steve and it told me I was trying to use a vB2.0.2 file. But when I got vB2.0.3 from the members area I uploaded the vbulletin.style via ftp. So the style file I uploaded was from the vB2.0.3 zip I have.

Feature still isnt working for me.

Comment

What happens if you go to http://yourdomain.com/forums/online.php directly? Presumably it works there?

If so, instead of faffing about with copying templates, just use my little plan above...

Comment

No it doesnt work by doing that either James.

I thought this was a feature that was built into vB2.0.3 that would automatically show/appear once upgraded?

Comment

...so it doesn't work even if you go to it directly?

Sounds as if you've an installation problem, rather than anything else.

Comment

actually I just edited the template you mentioned above James and how it works. Thanks for your help

Comment

Yes it does work if you press his www button and then append online.php to his forum url. It is slow because he needs to turn Resolve Ip addresses off.

Comment

Freddie, how do I go about turning Resolve IP addresses off?

sorry if its a dumb question

Comment

Go into your Admin CP, Edit Options and look for the Who's Online Options.

Comment