Uuummm. . . I have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uuummm. . . I have a problem

Suddenly, out of no where, while clicking on one of my links on my message board, I receive this message:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/mark/public_html/members/admin/db_mysql.php3 on line 40

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/mark/public_html/members/admin/db_mysql.php3 on line 40

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

This is the e-mail I receive:

Database error in vBulletin: Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
    '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
    mysql error number: 2002
    Date: Saturday 04th of August 2001 10:43:42 PM
    Script: /members/index.php3?

This happens when I click on any link. This sounds like it has something to do with my host. Am I right? How can I solve this?

Please help . Thanks.

Have you entered the correct mysql hostname, username, and password?
    Visual Basic, HTML, PHP, SQL, ASP, JavaScript, C++, Perl

PHP 4.0.6
    MySQL 3.23.39
    Windows 2000

Comment

Looks like your host's mysql crashed, and it cannot connect to it, or they were screwing around with the mysql permissions....

Email them and inform them of the problem....

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Wrenn
        Have you entered the correct mysql hostname, username, and password?
        Well, it should be. I mean I was using it all this time and suddenly about 50 min. ago, I get this error.

Originally posted by The Prohacker
        Looks like your host's mysql crashed, and it cannot connect to it, or they were screwing around with the mysql permissions....

Email them and inform them of the problem....
        Yeah, that's what I thought the problem was, at least that's what it seems. I'll go ahead and do that.

Thanks guys .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X