Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where is control to turn of/off vB Code for Unregistered users (Guests)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is control to turn of/off vB Code for Unregistered users (Guests)?

In the "post new thread" or "reply" message compose screens, here at this vBulletin Help forum, vB Code is turned on. I have it "on" on my board as well and it shows up for Registered Users, but does not show up for Unregistered users.

Where is that control? Thank you.

With all the other unregistered users settings: in sessions.php.

//$bbuserinfo['showvbcode']=1;

Just uncomment it. Although I'm not sure what the comment below it is about...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
      With all the other unregistered users settings: in sessions.php.

//$bbuserinfo['showvbcode']=1;

Just uncomment it. Although I'm not sure what the comment below it is about...
      Thanks Ed -- and a really silly question: When one has nothing substantive to add other than to say "thank you", is it the preference of most folks here to not waste bandwidth and time just to post a "thanks". (hey, I'm from the deep South; if we didn't thank someone, we'd get slapped)

Comment

The comment should say:

// Let's leave this off since guests can't choose to disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by theflow
          Thanks Ed -- and a really silly question: When one has nothing substantive to add other than to say "thank you", is it the preference of most folks here to not waste bandwidth and time just to post a "thanks". (hey, I'm from the deep South; if we didn't thank someone, we'd get slapped)
          Either way. I like seeing it so I know the person got it to work and I can suggest the same thing to someone else later. On the other hand, it does mean more threads I have to click.

So go with what you're more comfortable with.

Comment

Working...
          X