Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable "vB Code" section when posting new thread ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable "vB Code" section when posting new thread ?

Hi, I just opened my new board www.swimania.com - and I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to disable the vB Code row when users post a message ? My board is going to be mainly occupied by people who would get more confused with it than using it... the vB code should still be avaliable though.

2. Although I disabled the "Allow Users To Change Styles" option in the control panel, user are still confronted with the usual "confusing" options overload when they register... is there a way to disable it ?

Thanks - keep up the great work.

i think you are looking for...

Admin CP -> Templates -> Edit -> Default -> [expand list] -> vB Code Templates -> [expand] -> vbcode_buttons

you can just delete everything in that template and it will get rid of that vB code stuff above the text field. if you want to use clickable smilies or any other java stuff in the new posting templates then just delete everything below the < / style > tag in the vbcode_buttons template. this will leave the necessary javascript there for the clickable smilies and such.

Comment

Thanks a lot !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X