Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Placing Vbulletin content in main table?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    omg guys! use replacement variables! i spent a good hour in his CP editing all the stuff only to realize afterwards that i could have used replacement variables.

i just changed the following templates:
    pagebgcolor = #205080" BACKGROUND="{imagesfolder}/main_backing.gif
    and
    tablewidth = 750

gotta love that centralized stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    replied
    Well i managed to get it working, however when I go to the page where the threads are it doesnt show up the background image for the table, or its not even going inside the table, one of the two..

Heres a picture to better explain...

GOOD VERSION - HOW IT LOOKS LIKE ON MAIN PAGE..

BAD VERSION - THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED

for some reason its only doing this on the pages that have posts.. IT doesnt do it on the index.php, or the page that lists the threads, it only does it on the actuall thread page.

thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    what's your url? i'd like to take a peek.

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    replied
    seriously thank you so much!!

thank you so much, I had been trying to get that working for almost 6 hours until i gave up, thank you so much!!

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Control Panel -> Templates -> Edit -> Default -> [expand list] -> header / footer

the area where the forum content is put by default is within the table that is marked in the header and footer with:

Code:
    < !-- content table -- > (this is at the bottom of the header)
    and
    <!-- /content area table --> (this is at the top of the footer)
    the table starts in the header and is closed in the footer. from the looks of your pic you have a td already set that you want to put the forum content into. so within the td you created in the header you would cut the table code after the "content area table" and paste it within the td you made. then you would finish off both the "content area table" and your own custom table you made in the footer.

ack! i'm confusing myself here. ok... something like this: (where green is the default vbulletin code and red is your code)

Code:

<table your custom table with whatever attributes you have>
    <tr>
      <td>

<!-- content table -->
    <table bgcolor="#FFFFFF" width="100%" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" border="0">
    <tr>
      <td>

*ends header, begins footer*
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <!-- /content area table -->

</td>
    </tr>
    </table your custom table with whatever attributes you have>

Leave a comment:

• Kara
    replied
    are the red rectangles there because of how you set your borders or is that from your graphics program?

Leave a comment:

• Sinecure
    started a topic Placing Vbulletin content in main table?????

Placing Vbulletin content in main table?????

I was wondering how I could make it so that the main vbulletin would fit inside a table that i have set up.. here is a picture to better explain//

hope u guys can help
Working...
X